A Normal Cricket Fan!!!

I couldn't get a better word for normal to use in the title.Anyway,here goes...!!! My take is that there are just two kinds of sports enthusiasts. The first kind are the ones who put their heart n soul into a match...they know every sporting detail there is to know, are capable of analysing and comment on the game and what not.To them the game is more than a game. A loss by their favourite team will break their heart and a triumph will make their day. A triumph by their rivals will bring out a explosion of expletives and words of outrage.Well, thats the first kind. The second are those who like the game and players,but for them its just a game...something that has to be relished and enjoyed...nothing more. They have a basic or more than basic knowledge about the game. They like the GAME to win and that happens if the better team or player triumphs. They don't carefully choose which team to follow...they just like to follow those who play the game well.It's much more simpler for this kind. Please bear in mind that these are the two extremes and there are several fans in varying degrees in between :)

I stay with five other roommates who are all big sports fans. They especially like India in Cricket and of-late they have started criticizing me for supporting Australia. They say I just support Australia because they keep winning. Yes, I admit, that is the reason why I do support them. I like their attitude,how they function as a team, the high standards they keep (in sledging,mind games??, critics may ask!!!To them, I'd like to say that some of the recent events of the SCG match didn't bode well with me, either...but winners do forge their own paths. It would be interesting to see what any other team would have done in their place,India included!!!),the team is bigger than any individual,their never-say-die spirit(think of the 2nd match in the best ever Ashes series)and also because of Brett Lee whose sweet gentlemanly disposition, musical heart and fluid bowling has always captured my attention. So I will support them whenever they play...South Africa comes second and India comes third. You can't blame me for doing so...I'm just a person who belongs to the second classification with no inclination of joining the first. Live and let live,guys :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Team Trip to Thalakkad,Somnathpur and Shivanasamudram

Life after Death