UNEXPECTED MOMENTS OF HAPPINESS

It's really true that good things happen to those who don't expect it...when one least expects it!!! Something unexpected happened to me early last Wednesday morning too. I won't tell what...but over the past few months I had learned to live with the fact that several things are highly unlikely to happen...those things were out of my hands and I couldn't do anything to make them happen...so why worry about it(and I must say I worried a lot over this too) ??? Well one of the things that were on the list happened and I must say it felt real good!!! But I haven't kept my hopes high,though...it could have been some random act which would'nt probably get repeated again. But anyway...it felt good!!!:-)

Many a time you grieve a lot and at times you feel as if God is doing nothing to remedy the situation. I once read in some book that Gods attitude towards us is like that of a parent teaching his child how to ride a bike. The parent doesn't choose to stop his child from learning how to ride a bike but encourages him to do so even if it means seeing his/her child fall down a lot and hurt himself(which is anguish for a parent). The parent bears this so that the child can "Grow", learn how to solve problems by themselves and one day stand on their own feet. I guess thats why God doesn't help you out as soon as you have a problem...he sees if we can solve it ourself and then if we still have trouble solving it, he decides to help us in some unique way. Let me tell you what happened to me once. I was going through a real bad patch and I didn't have anyone to talk to. A couple of months and I was slowly picking up the pieces and was on the road to normalcy. Then I got a mail from an old friend.She had seen my mail id on a mutual friends mailing list and had mailed me inquiring if I was the same person. She was getting married and wanted to invite me. I decided to go to her home. We talked of the old times and we had 4 years worth of catching up to do. And then she looked at me and said,"Anand, is there anything wrong?? I can just see it in your face...??" It must have been the way she asked me this and also the fact that she was one of the few girl-friends who I was actually comfortable with, I just found myself telling her everything. She then took out a large file which she used to store printouts of all inspirational forwards she used to get. She took out one of them and read it aloud for me. It was a message from God saying that he isn't ignoring us...all our complaints are in his inbox or something...and he'll tend to it in his own time and we needn't worry!!! The relief I felt was immense. I used to call her once a while and she always used to enquire about me...this was a first for me as I was the one who usually did the enquiring/caring part. And then one day when I called her phone just kept ringing and she hasn't picked up since. I have lost contact with her. It was as if god had sent her to help me in my time of need and once that was done, she just disappeared. That is the story behind the number stored as "Unexpected" in my mobile...I'll remember her for the rest of my life:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Team Trip to Thalakkad,Somnathpur and Shivanasamudram

Life after Death