What a trip home!!!

What a trip home!!! I just had an agenda of visiting my grandmother, watch "Katha Parayumbol" and spend time with my best friend. I reached my mother's place...met everyone and then my cousin says she has no one to take her to the Satyam recruitment exam at Aluva, the following day. I am real fond of her and when her mother called up and said, she shouldn't go if there's no one to take her...she started crying...so I decided to take her back home with me and accompany her to Aluva, the next day!!!!

It had been 2 years since I've been to Aluva UC College for a recruitment. It was an ordeal back then...with loooong waits and poor organising. Nothing had changed...the exam scheduled to start at 10, started by 11:30...ended by 1pm. They said the results would be put up within the hour...but "hour" turned out to be 6pm in the evening!!! But to allay my anger and deep annoyance...Shruti had got through the first round. I was happy as I knew it would do her confidence a world of good. An essay followed and we finally left by 9. I dropped her off at a relatives place nearby. I tried to catch a train which would have taken me to Trichur in 45 min...but it left by the time I was able to get tickets. I then had to wait for 30 min to get a bus (shouted at Amma when she started calling too often enquire.Felt bad!!!)and eventually reached Trichur at 12AM!!!

The next day, me and my best friend rushed to a fast food joint just to have our usual private talks. A short nap later, it was time for my bus. Thus ended one of the most hectic home-town visits I've had in recent times.But everything was worth it....she got the job and relayed the happy news to me while I was on the bus back to Mysore, the next day :).

Comments

Bala Thekkedath said…
hey, whats happening .. no posts since over a month ?
Kya kare Unnietta...was real busy
:(. But things are light now...so hoping to make a come-back :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Team Trip to Thalakkad,Somnathpur and Shivanasamudram

Life after Death